100 Things About Us
When I wrote this list in 2014-- we were into year 2 of our marriage. I'm excited to finally be compiling a 100 list of things about us for 2016... because, well, a lot has changed. I'd say 75% of this list is still accurate though!
1.We are at Starbucks right now, which is rare, because we are local-only-coffee-shop-goers.
2. I'm drinking a vanilla latte. But I LOVE Lavender Lattes.
3.I have 24 stars to go till Gold Level. That's a lot of stars. And a lot of coffee. There will be no gold level.
4. I'm sweating caffeine just thinking about trying to drink that much coffee.
5. Design Jamboree is so named because I love to Design and I think it's a lot of fun--- almost like a celebration, a Jamboree.
6. The dream of having a website and a small business wouldn't be possible without Brett's encouragement.
7. I read an article this morning written by a European lady who was baffled by college students in America who wear Chacos all the time--- she considered them ugly.
8. I own and love my pair of beautiful Chacos...
9. My Pandora is usually set to Kacey Musgrave, Edith Piaf, or Justin Bieber. Ya know, the usual.
10. Why isn't eggnog a year round drink? Can we vote for it to be?
11. The hardest conversation I ever had with Brett, was when I confessed to him that I thought he needed to wash his hair more.
12. He laughed when I told him and took it like a champ.
13. He also washes his hair more often these days. PTL.
14. I've traveled to Brazil, Nepal, The Netherlands, Canada, Mexico, and California (it's its own country believe me).
15. Every time I meet a "Stacie" I ask her what her middle name is and 99.9% of the time, her middle name is "Lynne" too, just spelled differently.
16. My sister lives in Amsterdam.
17. My brother and sister-in-law live in London.
18. Brett lives with me, in Lubbock. Go figure.
19. Brett wears his wedding band on his right hand cause it's too big for his left.
20. Brett's extended family gathers for Thanksgiving every year. Which really means, Brett's extended family makes lots of authentic southern comfort food I get to eat too much of every year.
21. Brett's been to 11 countries. My boo he so culturrrred.
22. He also knows two ancient languages. That's two more than I know.
23. Brett is the ancient literature scholar equivalent to Einstein.
24. He listens to The Piano Film Score Pandora station too...which makes me think we should get a Steinway.
25. Brett was in a band called A September Renaissance when he was in high school. I tried to listen to their album once. I think he moved on to better things.
26. Brett also wears Chacos. Like a boss.
27. Brett's Chaco's smell horrific though.
28. Brett enjoys playing ultimate frisbee.
29. I enjoy throwing the frisbee... for funnzies... with zero ultimate competitive components.
30. Brett has a goal to ride every major metro system in the world.
31. I have a goal to get coffee with Jimmy Fallon one day.
32. Brett lost a cap to his tooth once.
33. He never replaced that cap, but he's one of the most responsive people I know.
34. One of my professors once explained to my class the importance of remembering because all too often we forget the beautiful things about this life. One of the last things she ever wrote to me before I graduated communicated love so strongly to me, "I will remember you."
35. Brett's two favorite alcoholic beverages are Young's Double Chocolate Stout (it's like a chocolate milkshake for beer lovers) and Sam Smith's Oatmeal Stout.
36. When I pray I experience an unexplainable hope and peace.
37. I asked for Caso in California one time and the server brought out a plate with a small pile of melted cheese on it. That's the day I realized what TexMex really is and what California Caso wasn't.
38. Next to Chacos, I believe Birkenstocks are the shoes of tomorrow.
39. Elizabethtown is my favorite movie.
40. I don't think Orlando Bloom was really all that great in Elizabethtown, but Kirsten Dunst was stellar.
41. I saw Kirsten Dunst once at Santa Monica Beach, but didn't realize it was her until my chance to say "Hi" had passed. DANGIT.
42. About Time is one of the best romantic movies I've seen in awhile. I secretly think Brett goes into small spaces to change time because he lives an awkward life.
43. Did you know there's an old school movie called "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" with Danny Kay?
44. Me neither.
45. I wonder what weddings would do without Pinterest these days?
46. Books I think everyone should read in their lifetime are: I Married Adventure by Luci Swindoll and the entirety of The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
47. One of my biggest fears is getting walked in on by accident in a public restroom.
48. I crave vulnerability but it can be hard to go knock on my neighbors door and ask them to come over for coffee.
49. When I look at you, I visually see your name in 3D written across your body... because I'm a visual learner.
50. Words can be life and death for me. Mainly life.
51. I used to go on ski trips with my church in high school every winter. I hated skiing so I just went for the Colorado coffee shops and snow ball fights. Have you caught on yet that coffee shops are the total shiz to me?
52. I met Tony Hawk on one of those ski trips.
53. I have a really great Ryan Gosling story. Ask me about it.
54. Modern Family is where it's at.
55. So is Downton Abbey.
56. And Sherlock.
57. I used to watch The Bachelor in my Hall Director's apartment every Monday night two years ago... he made a bracket for it, just like basketball. I don't think anybody's bracket got very far BECAUSE REALITY TV RUINS ALL MY HOPES AND DREAMS.
58. Ironically, I think it would be fun to be on a reality show... probably Fear Factor. Oh wait, that's not on anymore? Phew....
59. Brett loves making stuffed french toast with cream cheese sauce and fruit.
60. I love eating his stuffed french toast with cream cheese sauce and fruit.
61. I keep UNO cards in my purse just in case I need to have emergency fun.
62. I played Captain Hook in Peter Pan once...
63. They made me chop off my hand to wear my Captain's hook.
64. I liked how the hook looked, so I just left it there.
65. Writing a blog has been such a beautiful challenge.... while wearing a hook.
66. I will probably die from eating too much movie theatre popcorn or too much cheese.
67. I don't really have a hook. I have two hands.
68. The first time I ever had a pedicure for prom I kicked the pedicure lady in the face on accident because whatever she was doing tickled A LOT.
69. I know how to operate theme park attractions (aka roller coasters).
70. That really just means I know how to press a green light and give a thumbs up.
71. Our friends Matt and Kelsey came over to watch The Sound of Music Live with Carrie Underwood and we decided her name should be changed to "Carrie NUNderwood."
72. I believe it is wise and good to reflect on life in order to make change, grow, and move forward.
73. JK Rowling's Harvard commencement speech changed my life AND made me cry AND inspired me to fail well in life. TED TALK IT NOW.
74. Yesterday I was hanging out with one of my bosses, Eugene, and he said something I really liked. It went something like, "When you lose, make sure you don't lose the lesson." As in, you WILL fail, but positive learning and growth is produced from failure.
75. I really enjoy interior decorating and fashion and sometimes wish I would have pursued those things.
76. I sometimes still think about pursuing interior decorating and fashion. Who needs one calling? I'll take a million different callings.
77. When I started dating Brett he really taught me how to love-not-judge people just by how he lived his life.
78. My sophomore year of college my brother flew out to California and took a two day road trip with me up the Pacific Coastal Highway. That's one of my favorite memories with him.
79. I am grateful my husband shows emotion in front of me. I love that his tears usually fall when he hurts for me or is talking about how much he loves me.
86. I am grateful for the sheer amount of adventures I've been given the opportunity to go on in my lifetime.
87. I usually start my mornings off journaling and reading because it gives me time to decide who I want to be that day.
88. Sometimes I wonder if I would have the same personality, character, and interests if I were born 300 years ago. Have you ever thought that?
89. My parents fell in love in Mexico at a point in in their lives when they least expected it.
90. Last year I took a Biblical Counseling course and it completely rocked my world and how I interact with others.
91. I started my business two years ago and went full time this year.
92. I secretly hated overnight church lock-ins or sleepovers because I really just love a good nights sleep.
93. I am sometimes still scared when I flush the toilet that toilet will somehow, in a Space Jam sort of way, suck me down into the pipes.
94. One of my favorite memories was watching my Grandma get married after my Grandpa died to a nice 80 year old guy named Al.
95. My friend Julia taught me my sewing machine is my friend, not my enemy, no matter how angry it makes me sometimes.
96. Mindy, Amy, and Tina are all crazy. But they're all crazy winners in my book.
97. Shit happens.
98. No game makes me LOL better than Quelf.
99. Have I mentioned I absolutely hated one direction unil last year when I binge watched all their auditions and music videos and now I'm a Belieber. I mean, I like One Direction
100. Thank you, for being a part of the 100 posts and beautiful moments in my life. Thank you for loving and encouraging me by reading what I write about our lives. We are the Stines, and these are our ways.
***Wedding and Engagement Photos taken by Michaela Ramler Photography
All other photos taken by Stacie at Design Jamboree or her sexy husband, Brett.